These monthly Bulletins inform teachers of upcoming environmental events, training, and other opportunities - for themselves and their students.
They also include a lists of relevant resources including web-links, You-tube clips and newsletters.
The lastest Bulletin is available below.
#9 December 2015
- The Nature of Mindfulness - Cool Australia has created the first Australian Curriculum aligned resources to integrate nature, mindfulness and meditation as a teaching tool to foster enhanced learning, connection to nature, relaxation and wellbeing. coolaustralia.org (select Nature of Mindfulness under Topics).
- Events Calendar - Cool Australia 2016 School Events Calendar is now available for download.
- Digital Library - Cool Australia has create a resource rich Digital Library to access online.
- Gratefulness - Watch the TED Talk – ‘ Beauty. Gratitude’ – looking Louie Schwartzberg’s lens. A meditation on being grateful for every day.
- Exploring Leaf Litter – an outdoor session based on the book: 'Exploring the Mysteries of a Hidden World' - Written and Illustrated by Rachel Tonkin. http://www.riverconnect.com.au/education/resources/curriculum/sustainability-activities
#8 November 2015
- Inspiring Action for a better world – Great 15 min clip with New Zealander Niki Harré talking about her book ‘Psychology for a better World’: Creativity, Cooperation and Open to change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zExibEV_PY#t=132
- ‘The Birth of the Brolga’ at Tang Tang Swamp – rare intimate footage of the birth and growth of baby brolgas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N5DsSI_BWo\
- Junior Landcare Network Newsletter - http://eepurl.com/bvV8dn
- People and Parks – The People and Parks Foundation connects people to parks through meaningful and innovative programs and activities which contribute to the environmental, physical and mental health and social connections in our community. Becoming involved with our programs is the perfect way to tune in to nature – to appreciate it, respect it, connect with it and pledge to protect it. http://www.peopleandparks.org/
#7 October 2015
- Water Bug App - Are you interested in water bugs? Have you looked at them and wondered “what is that little creature?” Well now you can find out but using the Waterbug App. It will help you identify water bugs from South-eastern Australia. Download at: http://www.thewaterbugapp.com/
- Field Guide App - Explore Victoria's unique and diverse wildlife at home or in the great outdoors with Museum Victoria’s free Field Guide App.
- Cat Curfews - What are they and Why? View articles at CLM Connections https://clmconnections.wordpress.com/2015/08/12/cat-curfews-what-are-they-and-why/
- 9 days on Tang Tang Swamp, North Central Victoria - You Tube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkNbCn72azY&sns=fb
#6 March 2015
- The film RiverBlue will be screened in Washington in World Rivers Day 22 March then distributed to the rest of the world. See the trailer for this film focused on cleaning up some of the world’s most contaminated waterways. http://riverbluethemovie.com/trailer/
#4 December 2014
- Junior Landcare Curriculum resources - developed to encourage more schools to better understand where their food comes from and participate in Landcare activities such as creating school gardens and building a closer connection with the land. http://www.juniorlandcare.com.au/curriculumresources
- Save Water - On line games Saving the environment is cool with these free online games http://www.savewater.com.au/games/
- My Green Lunch Box - playing its part in getting schools, parents and kids on board the environmentally friendly nude food movement http://www.mygreenlunchbox.com.au/
- Australian Organic Schools – free, easy-to-use school garden resources suitable for primary and middle years throughout Australia http://www.organicschools.com.au/teachers/
#3 November 2014
- I-Spy Fish App - contains descriptions of 21 native and eight alien fish species found within the Goulburn Broken Catchment and allows users to record their catch. Can be downloaded for free from the Apple iTunes store
- I-Spy Frogs App - developed in partnership with Museum Victoria, this app contains descriptions and sounds of 20 frogs found within the Goulburn Broken Catchment. It also allows users to record where a frog was sighted. Can be downloaded for free from the Apple iTunes store.
- Student Voice - a place for both teachers and students to share the perspectives of young people on education and the ways in which young people are being provided with the opportunity to shape and influence their own learning. http://www.studentvoice.aitsl.edu.au/
- Birds of the Broken Boosey and Whroo Goldfields – this field guide is being reprinted. If you would like a copy, contact Goulburn Murray Landcare Network on 03 5821 3530/ email@example.com
#2 October 2014
- Making Environmental News- Weekly E-newsletter (sign up!) Takes less than 5 minutes to read headlines. Very interesting and useful resource to know what’s happening around the world. http://www.edelivering.com/index.php?action=social&c=6dfe08eda761bd321f8a9b239f6f4ec3.3284 (3 Oct 2014)
- How wolves change rivers – 4:33min clip. When wolves were reintroduced into the Yellow Stone National Park in the USA in 1994 the ecological phenomenon of 'Trophic Cascade' took place, starting at the top of the food chain and tumbling down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q
- Ovens River Demonstration Reach – 5 minute video clip by Fish habitat network (6 videos in the series). Communities’ involvement in re-snagging project. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dorhpX6YgM&index=3&list=PLN2SfgvcOyU18CD1KE9ohhUbBazvcUSVl
#1 September 2014
- Birdlife Australia website: Great resource for bird lovers http://birdlife.org.au/
- Bug Blitz – Raiding awareness about the worlds amazing biodiversity, through bugs! bugblitz.com.au
- Australian Platypus Conservancy - http://www.platypus.asn.au/
- Free Video Series 'Getting to Know Your Soil' – for growing sustainably http://soilfoodwebcourse.com/reg/?p=Damian&w=open
- Goulburn Broken Landcare link http://www.gbcma.vic.gov.au/downloads/Landcare/2014_-_Spring_-_Landcare_Link.pdf