Activities that residents and visitors to the area can be involved in along the river include:
- Guided Spotlight Walks on weeknights –squirrel gliders sightings
- Extensive Shared path network along the rivers in Shepparton – cycle or walk
- Canoe trips on the Goulburn
- Visit the Lower Goulburn National Park at Reedy Swamp – good for bird watching
- Visit Gemmills Swamp in Mooroopna – two bird hides
- Look out for Aboriginal scar trees
- Go fishing in the Goulburn River – shallow with plenty of snags (a current Victorian Recreational Fishing Licence is required)
- Walk to Kidstown along the shared path between Shepparton and Mooroopna
- Visit the Interpretive signage at The Flats
- Walk around Victoria Park Lake
Check out our upcoming events.
For more information regarding events and attractions in the Greater Shepparton area, please contact the Visitor Information Centre - toll free phone number 1800 808 839.