Pest vs Rest went ahead for the fourth year running with 140 Grade 5-6 Guthrie Street Primary School students attending the event at Reedy Swamp on Friday 23 May.
The students learnt about introduced species that threaten our natural environment.
They rotated through six environmental activities:
- Native Fish Awareness - Fisheries, Department of Environment and Primary Industries
- Indigenous Education - Parks Victoria and Yorta Yorta Nations.
- Environmental Art – Cockatoo Island Artist Retreat
- Natures Celebrities - Goulburn Murray Landcare Network
- Wetlands Walk - RiverConnect
- What bug is that? – Bug Blitz, Sale.
The students were encouraged to love and appreciate the natural environment and waterways we have here in Greater Shepparton.
Thanks go to the presenters, and the teachers and students from Guthrie Street Primary School for a fun day out!
Pest vs the Rest Day is a partnership between RiverConnect and BugBlitz Trust, Sale with strong support from represented environmental agencies in Greater Shepparton.
Students Sample Creepy Crawlies