Staff may be able to provide information and advice to support schools.
When seeking assistance, ask to speak to a staff member in a role relevant to your particular needs. Reception staff will endeavour to put you in contact with the most appropriate person or may refer you to another organisation.
DEPI roles / areas of expertise relevant to RiverConnect Education include:
- Wetlands – management, monitoring, vegetation and planting.
- Plant identification – indigenous, weeds, other natives.
- Re-vegetation projects – advice on appropriate species, sources of plants, how and when to plant.
- Red Gum forest management.
- Environmental assessments
For education-based DEPI activities, teachers are advised to check out the Curriculum Resources on the LandLearn website.
LandLearn provides a range of teaching and learning materials to support program delivery in schools. These resources are available as PDF files with student worksheets also provided as MS Word documents. They include:
- LandLearn Resource Booklets CD containing the following booklets:
- Biodiversity and Agriculture
- Biodiversity in Bushland, Community and Agricultural Landscapes
- Bush Foods and Biodiversity
- Fact and Fiction
- Grow and Gobble
- Planning for Sustainable Land Use
- Plant Power
- Soils Ain’t Dirt
- Wet & Wild
- Wonderful Wiggly Worms
- Super Seeds! CD – Learning activities featuring Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds.
- LandLearning CD – containing the following booklets:
- Biodiversity in Balance
- Fact and Fiction 2
- Fruit Fly Frenzy
- Learning in the Garden
- Fieldwork CD’s –
- Salinity in an Urban Landscape
- Keep It Clean
- Water and Food: futures thinking
- Climate Change and Future Food CD – containing the following booklets:
- Climate Change in Agriculture
- Food for the Future